History of the Festival
- The Istanbul shopping fest is an annual festival which was established back in the year 2011.
- The fest is usually held in Istanbul, Turkey, one of the most dynamic cities in the world.
- The mission of the festival is to re-establish Istanbul as one of the leading centers for shopping, culture and entertainment in the world.
- It was initially held between 18 March and 26 April 2011 and it was to be a yearly tradition. The tradition has been held thrice and this year it will be in its fourth anniversary.
- During this fest, all the shops that participate in the festival are supposed to offer special discounts. This is supposed to go on for 40 days and 40 nights.
- Both locals and tourists enjoy tax free shopping with huge discounts on all kinds of items.
- There is usually a wide range of items ranging from jewellery, watches, handicrafts, electronics, perfumes and many other products.
- All the historic monuments also contribute to the festival by extending their operation time by 2 hours.
- Istanbul is rich of glamorous and modern shopping points. Most shopping malls are located along the major streets such as Bahariye, Bakirkov, Bagdat, Nisantasi, Taksim and Fatih Street.
- It is because of these big shopping points and traditional areas such as Grand Bazaar, Spice Market that the festival is always colorful.
- Istanbul is also a major tourists’ destination in Turkey and the event usually boosts the tourism industry by far.
- The city will become an entertainment center during this period of 40 days because it is a cosmopolitan city, with more than 14 million of population.
- Parties and concerts are usually organized in shops aimed at attracting shoppers for 24 hours since the city does not sleep. Other street fashion shows, competitions, and celebrations are arranged during these 40 days and nights.
- Istanbul shopping fest is now a leading attraction of tourists and visitors from every part of the globe who are destined to Istanbul.
Sponsorship and Contributors
- Istanbul Shopping festival is a huge budget event because it is not planned to last for just a day. Its estimated budget in 2011 was around 50 million dollars. If that was 3 years ago, how about today?
- This brings about the issue of sponsors.
- The Ministry of Culture and Tourism in Turkey is the major sponsor and organizer of the fest.
- A few examples of the other sponsors may include Association of Shopping Center Investors, Turkish Airlines, Turkish Exporters’ Assembly, Istanbul Chamber of Commerce, Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality and Office of the Governor of Istanbul.
All Are Welcome This June
- The shopping fest is planned for a grand opening in 7th June and it will proceed through 29th June, 2014.
- Istanbul shopping fest will be a clear rival to the glamor of the Dubai Shopping Festival.
- There is a lot to offer to all the visitors. They can enjoy the diversity of the best of shopping as well as night activities and culture.
- There will be massive exhibitions with discounts, musical concerts and the latest fashion trends.
- All are welcome as long as you meet the minimum Turkey travel visa requirements. Come and enjoy the glamor of the most prolific shopping festival in Turkey.
Tagged: Turkey travel visa requirements